Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blackstone

WOW! The blackstone reserve list is amazing. Excellent Pinot noir, balanced acidity, light but firm tannins, A mix of light and dark berries on the palate. Great chard as well, oakey but not overly oakey as well as buttery(I believe it is fermented in first year toasted french oak) but it is not offensive what so ever. Very nice finish. The merlot's I tasted were young and needed a few more years in the bottle but very promising to say the least. I was thuroughly impressed with both the wines and the warm welcome... It's a must visit!
The zin's and cabs were not as big as I expected but good none the less. The real gem was by far the Malvasia bianca, tropical, fun, fruity and just a great wine all around. I was also impressed with the Gewurtztraminer... Nice fruit and hints of all the right spices. Don't miss this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment