Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why spend a ton of cash?

When we visit wineries, restaurants, spirit shops, etc. We tend to think that expensive wine = good wine... Not always the case. I'm not saying you don't spend more for a good bottle of wine, you just don't have to spend a lot more. I have had great wine for under $20 a bottle. I've paid $60 or $70 for a bottle that was shit. My advice to you is, know what your buying and don't let price be the determining factor. If you don't have a chance to taste it, it can be hit or miss, so choose wisely, meaning, buy what you know or have heard good things about... If you don't like it, learn from your mistakes and move on. I like to take chances, so I have been both pleasently surprised as well as extremely dissapointed. Entertaining guests? Go with what you know! Want to kick back and have a few glasses? Might as well try something new. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment